Friday, May 21, 2010

New story (Prologue)

“Susie.” I heard my name being called from a distance. “Susie, baby come no closer, I’m here, you have to trust me.” I was in a meadow on a hill, walking toward the blinding sunlight, “Jake?” I say finally recognizing the voice “Jake? Is that you? Really you?”I squinted against the light and saw a human figure in front of the light. It was a man. It was Jake. I tried running to him, but I tripped “No!” he yelled then got calm again “No, Susie, no Susie baby, don’t come, I’m here,” I looked up I saw his face but it was an illusion I knew it. He was see through “Jake…” I say tears quickly filling my eyes “No, baby, no, don’t cry, I’m here.” That’s when he came, he wrapped his arms around me “I got you, baby, shh, it’s okay, I got you.” I buried my face in his shirt, the same one he wore when he died “I love you.” I whispered in between sobs. Then he squeezed me “I love you too, baby,” then I felt him pull away “I have to go now.” I whimpered “No, please don’t.” he had a sad look “I know, I know, I don’t want to leave, but I have to. I’m always with you baby, always.” He kissed my forehead. It came out like a static shock. Then he was gone, I stood up and tried running to the light again. I didn’t hear his voice this time “Jake!” I screamed over and over again. No answer. “Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!!!!!!!!!!”

I woke up with a start, sweaty and tangled in the sheets. I heard a movement, my voice cracked, signaling tears “Jake?” No, of course it wasn’t him. What am I thinking? I cried then I cried. I felt so alone, so cold. So there I was, a week and a half after my boyfriend, Jake Bourne’s, devastating death that left me in shattered into twenty million and one pieces. Alone. So alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment